"At some point you just have to let go, and move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it’s the only way we grow."
"Dear Non-American Black, when you make the choice to come to America, you become black. Stop arguing. Stop saying I’m Jamaican or I’m Ghanaian. America doesn’t care."
"Gulabi Gang" is a gang of women in India who track down and beat abusive husbands with brooms.
this is too thug not to reblog
That’s not all they do - they’ve got more information on their website.
What else they do that is awesome:
- Stop child marriages
- Persuade families to educate girl-child
- Train women in self-defense
- Oppose corruption in administration
- Create awareness about the evils of dowry
- Register FIRs against sex-offenders and abusive husbands
- Publicly shame molesters
- Encourage women to become financially independent
Yesssssssss. Female empowerment is a wonderful thing.
Btw gulabi is a reference to ‘rosy’ and a Hindi word for pink
Hence the pink saris
Bollywood’s actually doing a movie on it
Me and my friends in India consider the Gulabi gang the height of badass-ness
god according to their website, they will set up and cater and do the makeup/outfits/arrangements for PROPER weddings that are supported with proper ideals(no forced marriages and so on). AWESOME!